Nemo is a Grasshopper plugin for Ship Design
Nemo provides multiple tools to generate lines plan, compute hydrostatics, perform resistance prediction, extract structural data, produce 2d drawings, and exchange data with other external software. Nemo also includes free tools to create parametric shapes, such as Naca profiles, hydrofoils, keels, rudders, blade propellers, and sail plans.
Born in 2018 as an academic research project at ENSTA Bretagne, Nemo grew up since, immersed in professional naval architecture practice with L2Onaval.
From 2021, Nemo is now available for purchase with commercial or educational licenses.
Following license levels are provided to fit every needs depending of user activity :
- Free (Designer)
- Level 1 (Section + Hydrostatics + Visualization)
- Level 1 + 2 (Section + Hydrostatics + Visualization + Resistance + Structure)
We can also help you make best use of our software, provide project guidance, establish specific workflow and create custom tools.
Hull sectioning, Offset table generation, Cross-section points export to Mars 2000 (Bureau Veritas)
Hydrostatics and Coefficients computing, Bulb and Transom analysis, Ship silhouette extraction, IGES export to Maat Hydro (Sistre)
Holtrop resistance prediction, HCNC export to NavCad (Hydrocomp), STL export to Fine/Marine (Numeca)
Profiles generator and library, Automatic profiles extrusion, Part naming and search tools, Nomenclature extraction, CSV export to Excel (Microsoft)
Weight estimate visual check, Make2D with/out clipping planes, ViewCapture from named/viewports automation
Free NACA4 + NACA5 generator and modifier, Parametric Foil appendages, Blade propellers and Sail plan design
Download latest version on Food4Rhino
Minimum Requirements :
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Apple Mac OS 10.15 Catalina
+ McNeel Rhinoceros 6 SR32 or Rhinoceros 7 SR1
(Other Rhinoceros, Windows and Mac OS versions have not been tested but may work)
1. Check if downloaded .zip file has been blocked : right click and choose Properties. If there is an Unblock button click on it, and then click on OK. (Windows)
2. Unpack the .zip file and copy the Nemo unzipped folder to Grasshopper's UserObjects folder.
3. Simply start Rhino and Grasshopper, a new Nemo tab should be added.
Level 1 + 2
Section + Hydrostatics + Visualization
Section + Hydrostatics + Visualization + Resistance + Structure
Level 1 + 2
Licenses are standalone (tied to a particular computer, one transfer allowed) and permanent on the version purchased (no expiration date).
Prices do not include taxes.
Request license directly :
1. Use the Nemo License component to get your Machine ID and select your License options (Type and Level).
2. Email us your License Request output information, along with your Name, Company/School, Email, Billing Address.
3. You will receive an invoice and payment details, then your License file after completion of the order.
Ask authorized reseller :
United Kingdom & Northern Ireland : Cadwax (Keith Reffell, 07522 566360)
Greece & Cyprus : Ergocad (George Tsiamtsiakiris, +302114112619-20)
We can arrange webinar training sessions to you or your team, if you need a fast personalized learning
What tools are right for your project, when they are most appropriate, and what outputs you should focus on to reach your goals
We can prepare your project workflow in the way you intend, look over your configuration, and optimize your work
On-demand personalized new tools creation, fitting your own professional working methods and software
Contact email to request license :
Food4Rhino download page :
Discourse discussion forum :
All content © 2018 - 2021 by Mathieu VENOT